Email Me

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Transfer 16, Week 1- I'm Not Dead Yet: Monsoon Season





 
Hello everyone, it's been another beautiful week in this beautiful part of our existence which we call mortality. I hope you are all well and happy and working hard doing whatever you need to do.
 
So last week was transfers, and I sent Elder Johnson off to his area, and I met my new companion Elder Jeong! He's great. Fun fact: his father just became the new Busan mission president.
 
I actually got to see my companion when he first came in the mission- we were both together in the same zone. I really enjoy serving with him; he has as much drive and enthusiasm as when he was a new missionary, and to top it all off, he is Korean and knows how to speak fluently, which is a really big help for me. You think you're good at Korean, and then when you serve with one, you realize that you haven't even lightly scratched the surface of the language or the culture at all. It astonishes me how diverse and intricate Korean culture, history, and language is.
 
So we've been organizing contacts in our phone, cleaning it out and trying to find people who still want to meet. It's taken a while, since we started out with over 1300 contacts.. but we've definitely been setting appointments with people, so we're hoping it all goes over well. :)
 
Also, it's now monsoon season... thankfully it's only a week, but it is a week of surprises, that's for sure. People always have to have an umbrella with them, because it'll just randomly pour buckets on you when you're not prepared.. haha.
 
Funny story time. So you know how in movies or TV shows, when it's pouring rain in the city and large vehicles drive by creating a mini tsunami of dirty rain gutter water? That actually happens.
 
And it did happen. To me. But my companion was fine.
 
So today in the land of Korea, it is the 4th of July! During my mission I have definitely been able to recognize how great blessings I've been able to receive in the United States, and I am so thankful for my parents, having sacrificed everything for the sake of their (then) unborn children and move to a land of promise and opportunity. I know my parents love me, but I'll never know what they went through because they loved me.
 
It's the same for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He loves me, but I will never know or be able to comprehend what He went through during His time on earth because He loves me. I know His hand is in all things, and wants to guide us to lasting joy and peace.
 
So that's all I have to say- sorry if I tend to be a little short writing emails- my writing and typing skills aren't very good. I'll end off with a scripture I read recently: 1 Nephi 17:13-14
 
"I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.
...After ye have arrived in the promised land, ye shall know that I, the Lord, am God; and that I, the Lord, did deliver you"

 
 
Have a great week!
비달 장로
 
Photos- matching American necktie with my companion, and the aftermath of getting splashed on by a mini tsunami
 
 



Transferencia 16, Semana 1- No estoy muerto todavía: Temporada de monzón


 
Hola a todos, ha sido otra hermosa semana en esta hermosa parte de nuestra existencia que llamamos mortalidad. Espero que estés bien, feliz y que trabajes duro haciendo lo que tengas que hacer.
 
Así que la semana pasada fueron los traslados, y envié al élder Johnson a su área, y conocí a mi nuevo compañero, el Elder Jeong. Él está bien. Divertido hecho: su padre se convirtió en el nuevo presidente de la misión de Busan.
 
De hecho, llegué a ver a mi compañero cuando vino por primera vez a la misión, ambos estábamos juntos en la misma zona. Me gusta mucho servir con él; Tiene tanto impulso y entusiasmo como cuando era un nuevo misionero, y para colmo, es coreano y sabe hablar con fluidez, lo cual es una gran ayuda para mí. Usted piensa que es bueno en coreano, y luego cuando se sirve con uno, te das cuenta de que ni siquiera ligeramente rayado la superficie de la lengua o la cultura en absoluto. Me asombra lo diverso e intrincado que es la cultura, la historia y el lenguaje de Corea.
 
Así que hemos estado organizando contactos en nuestro teléfono, limpiándolo y tratando de encontrar personas que aún quieran reunirse. Ha tomado un tiempo, ya que empezamos con más de 1300 contactos ... pero definitivamente hemos estado fijando citas con la gente, así que esperamos que todo vaya bien. :)
 
Además, ahora es temporada de monzón ... afortunadamente es sólo una semana, pero es una semana de sorpresas, eso es seguro. La gente siempre tiene que tener un paraguas con ellos, porque simplemente vas a tener cubos de lluvias cuando no estás preparado .. jaja.
 
Tiempo de cuento divertido. Así que usted sabe cómo en películas o programas de televisión, cuando está lloviendo lluvia en la ciudad y vehículos de gran tamaño por la creación de un mini tsunami de agua sucia goteo de la lluvia? Eso realmente sucede.
 
Y sucedió. A mi. Pero mi compañero estaba bien.
 
Así que hoy en la tierra de Corea, es el 4 de julio! Durante mi misión, definitivamente he sido capaz de reconocer cuán grandes bendiciones he podido recibir en los Estados Unidos, y estoy muy agradecido por mis padres, habiendo sacrificado todo por el bien de sus hijos Una tierra de promesa y oportunidad. Sé que mis padres me aman, pero nunca sabré lo que pasaron porque me querían.
 
Es lo mismo para mi Salvador Jesucristo. Sé que Él me ama, pero nunca sabré o será capaz de comprender lo que Él pasó durante Su tiempo en la tierra porque Él me ama. Yo sé que Su mano está en todas las cosas, y quiere guiarnos a un gozo y paz duraderos.
 
Así que eso es todo lo que tengo que decir, lo siento si tienden a ser un poco corto escribir correos electrónicos mi escritura y habilidades de mecanografía no son muy buenos. Terminaré con una escritura que leí recientemente: 1 Nefi 17: 13-14
 
"Yo también seré vuestra luz en el desierto, y prepararé el camino delante de vosotros, si es que guardareis mis mandamientos, y por cuanto guardaréis mis mandamientos, seréis conducidos hacia la tierra prometida. Sabréis que por mí sois guiados.
... Después de haber llegado a la tierra prometida, sabréis que yo, el Señor, soy Dios; Y que yo, el Señor, te libré "
 
 
¡Que tengas una buena semana!
Elder Vidal
 
Fotos - corbata americana que hace juego con mi compañero, y las consecuencias de conseguir salpicadas encendido por un mini tsunami

No comments:

Post a Comment