Email Me

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Transfer 15, Week 3- "I'm like a salmon"




Transfer 15, Week 3- "I'm like a salmon"

Hey all, I had a great week, and I hope you all did as well!

Updates: I feel very Korean. I have learned the national anthem of South Korea, and I learned Arirang a while back. Arirang is a really, REALLY old song that every Korean knows. It's impressive and weird at the same time when a foreigner sings it. Haha.

Also, We had a guy call us out of the blue to meet with us. He had met missionaries a long time ago, and knew Elder Hiatt, one of my companions in Daejeon. I'm actually serving in his first area right now, so he's known the missionaries for quite a while. Anyway, this man that called us is Korean, but he lived in New York and Philadelphia longer than he has lived in Korea. He speaks with a New York accent and almost perfect English. He's very thoughtful, and his experience in Korea and the US has definitely given him a lot of wisdom.

I asked him, "What brings you back to Korea?" 

"I'm like a salmon." So yeah, that's this week's title.

We had an awesome zone conference in Beopjusa! So I actually had been there before when President Shin took the northern half of the mission in October of 2015, and I didn't bring a camera that dad, so I was really bummed, but it was awesome seeing it again, and I actually took some photos, but the tour guide took a really long time, so time was short... oh well.

It was interesting to see how much I changed from the first time I went to this temple to yesterday. My love and perspective of Korea has grown and changed, and while learning about Buddhism yesterday it was interesting to see the eternal truths that are found among all of God's children.

1 Corinthians 9:22 (19-22)
To the [Koreans] became I as[a Korean], that I might gain the [Koreans]: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.


Have a good week!
비달 장로









Transfer 15, Semana 3- "Soy como un salmón"


Hey todos, tuve una gran semana, y espero que todos la pasaron bien también!
Actualizaciones: Me siento muy coreano. He aprendido el himno nacional de Corea del Sur, y aprendí Arirang hace un tiempo. Arirang es una canción realmente, REALMENTE vieja que cada coreano sabe. Es impresionante y extraño al mismo tiempo cuando un extranjero lo canta. Jaja.
Además, tuvimos un chico que nos llamo de la nada para reunirse con nosotros. Había conocido a los misioneros hace mucho tiempo, y conocía al élder Hiatt, uno de mis compañeros en Daejeon. En realidad estoy sirviendo en su primera área ahora mismo, así que conoce a los misioneros durante bastante tiempo. De todos modos, este hombre que nos llamó es coreano, pero vivió en Nueva York y Filadelfia más de lo que ha vivido en Corea. Habla con un acento de Nueva York y un inglés casi perfecto. Es muy considerado, su experiencia en Corea y los Estados Unidos definitivamente le ha dado mucha sabiduría.
Le pregunté, "¿Qué te trae de vuelta a Corea?"
"Soy como un salmón." Así que sí, ese es el título de esta semana.
¡Tuvimos una conferencia de zona impresionante en Beopjusa! Así que en realidad había estado allí antes cuando el presidente Shin tomó la mitad norte de la misión en octubre de 2015, y yo no traje una cámara que papá, así que estaba realmente desanimado, pero era increíble verlo de nuevo, y en realidad Tomó algunas fotos, pero el guía tomó un tiempo realmente largo, así que el tiempo era corto ... oh bien.
Fue interesante ver cuánto cambié desde la primera vez que fui a este templo ayer. Mi amor y perspectiva por Corea ha crecido y cambiado, y mientras aprendía sobre el budismo ayer fue interesante ver las verdades eternas que se encuentran entre todos los hijos de Dios.
1 Corintios 9:22 (19-22)
A los [coreanos] me convertí en un [coreano], para ganar a los [coreanos]: he sido hecha todas las cosas a todos los hombres, para que de todos modos pueda salvar a algunos.
¡Tengan una buena semana!

Elder Vidal

No comments:

Post a Comment